Both tablets mainly offers similar technical specification including the processing speed RAM etc. If you like bigger screens you can have P5100 and if smaller screen suits you then P3100 can be purchased as well. There are small differences in both tablets mentioned below that are of secondary importance but they might be important to you. Feel free to check them out and good luck with your purchase.
Same features in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 and P3100
- Same processing speed with Dual-core 1 GHz processor.
- Same 1GB RAM.
- Both has same 3.15 MP camera.
- Operating system Android, V 4.0.3.
- Both phone released at the same time and take mini sim.
- Both offers Multitouch screen system.
- Supports 3.5 standard headphone jack.
- Take up-to 32 GB memory card.
- Both take USB.
- No radio
- Unlike Apple both tablets supports Adobe Flash.
Differences in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 and P3100
Better features in P5100
- Main difference is the screen size, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 offers 10.1″ inch screen size where as Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 offers 7″ inch screen size.
- Front camera of P5100 is 2 MP compare to 0.2 MP in P3100.
- Better battery power in P5100
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 has a TFT screen type where as P3100 has LCD screen, TFT and LCD are mostly the same however TFT is bit superior.
- P5100 is thinner 9.7 mm compare to 10.55 mm in P3100.
- Samsung galaxy tab P5100 has a special Corning Gorilla glass which is more durable and resist many events that commonly cause glass failure.
Better features in P3100
- P3100 offers DLNA with which you can stream videos and movies to other devices over-the-air
- Its lighter in weight due to its small size but it has small screen too.