End Result: If you are using Nokia E71 then keep using unless you feel that your phone is very slow or you do not like its camera. If you are looking to buy a new Nokia phone than give Nokia E72 a try. Detailed comments are in conclusion area.
Same Features in Nokia E71 & Nokia E72:
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Both cell phones have Wi-fi (wifi)
- Camera is with flash
- Almost same screen size at 320 x 240 pixels, 2.36
- Both phones have Bluetooth
- 3G network
- Both cell phones have GPS
- Both cell phones supports Java
- Both weigh almost 128g
- Speaker Phone
- Both phones have radio
- Almost same dimensions 114 x 58 x 10 mm
- Both phones have some common cell phone features like supporting mp3, making videos, supporting games, SMS, MMS, emails, USB, HSDPA,
Difference & Comparisons of Nokia E71 & Nokia E72:
Difference and comparisons are given below in the form of chart.
|Features||Nokia E71||Nokia E72|
|Internal Phone Memory||110 MB||250 MB|
|Operating System||Symbian OS 9.2 60 V3.1 UI||Symbian OS 9.3 60 V3.2 UI|
|Processing Speed||369 MHz||600 MHz|
|Camera||3.15 Megapixels||5 Megapixels|
|Audio Jack||2.5 mm audio jack||3.5 mm audio jack|
Stand by / Talk time
480 h (2G) / 12 h 30 min (3G)
410 h (2G) / 480 h (3G)
- The E72 is has much faster interface, it starts really quick due to its fast processing speed 600Mhz as compared to Nokia E71 369 Mhz.
- E72 GPS is very user friendly as Nokia E71 however it offers digital compass as well
- Nokia E72 offers 3.5mm headphone as compared to 2.5mm in Nokia E71 that is awesome, you don’t need to only rely on your Nokia headfone or carry a sperate adapter to convert it to 3.5mm. simply use any of your favorite headphone.
- The camera of E72 is awesome, its quality is almost the same but its lens is bit wider and it takes photos at 5 Megapixels.
- Nokia E72 offers more internal memory so no more out of memory errors now.
- Nokia E72 keypad is better than the E71’s, Nokia E71 and E72 both keypad seems more user friendly than any other Blackberry.
- Nokia E72 body is not as solid as metal E71, it’s D-pad feels like cheap plastic (You can change select the option to use it as the directional keypad as well) and it has some free play. The back cover also tends to move occasionally when you are holding the phone to your ear.
- Nokia E71 is an excellent phone and the upgrade in the operating system in E72 is fine however some people has faced issued with phone crashing and freezing plus the loud speaker at the highest level has somewhat distorted voice.
- Nokia has removed some very important software that were present in Nokia E71 like Podcasting software, Internet radio and SIP client however Nokia
atleast upgraded its Office applications (Quickoffice) to edit Office 2007