Giving new look to Microsoft Windows Mobile is HTC Touch Diamond. Announced in May 2008 Touch Diamond has Touch-sensitive navigation controls and Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate. Let’s see what else this phone has got.
Advantages / Pros / Positive features of HTC Touch Diamond:
- Light weight 110 g equivalent to Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
- Size of screen is 480 x 640 pixels (2.8 inches) (bigger then Iphone’s display) with TouchFLO 3D finger swipe navigation, Touch-sensitive navigation controls and Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate.
- GPRS (Class 10) 32 – 48 kbps, EDGE (Class 10) 236.8 kbps, 3G (HSDPA) 7.2 Mbps, WLAN (Wi-Fi) 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth and Mini USB.
- Internal memory with is 4 GB, 192 MB RAM, 256 MB ROM.
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional with Qualcomm MSM 7201A 528 MHz processor.
- Graphic chip with 64MB RAM dedicated to graphics only.
- 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, autofocus camera.
- Music player and FM radio.
- GPS (A-GPS support)
- Unlimited Phonebook and Call records.
Disadvantages / Cons / Negative features of HTC Touch Diamond:
- Difficult to see under sunlight.
- Battery life is not impressive; up to 5 hours talk time and 285 hours standby.
- No memory card, Yes there is built-in 4 GB memory but still.
- Finger prints on the phone.
- No TV out and audio jack is standard 3.5mm.
HTC successfully gave new look to Windows Mobile experience. New features like Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, bigger display, finger swipe navigation, light weight, 64MB RAM for graphics are up to the market standard. But less talk time, memory card slot, no TV out is still pulling it back. Over all it has all it takes to be a good Business phone.