Overcoming hard on HTC Touch Pro, is new HTC Touch Pro 2. Announced in February 2009 this phone is enormous. Its 116 x 59.2 x 17.3 mm in dimensions and weigh 178.5g, a little too much for a phone. So let’s see what they put in the big monster.
Advantages / Pros / Positive features of HTC Touch Pro2:
- Screen size is 480 x 800 pixels, 3.6 inches which is bigger then Apple Iphone and it is TFT resistive touch screen, 65K colors
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, GPRS (Class 10, 32-48kbps), EDGE (Class 10, 236.8 kbps), 3G (HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps), HSCSD, Bluetooth, Mini USB
- Full QWERTY keyboard, TouchFLO 3D, Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Touch-sensitive zoom bar, Handwriting recognition.
- 288 MB DDR SDRAM, 512 MB ROM
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and can be upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.5
- Qualcomm MSM 7200A 528 MHz processor
- TV-out, Stereo FM radio with RDS and MP3 Player
- Graphic chip with 64MB RAM dedicated to graphics only
- Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)
- 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, autofocus
- Unlimited Phonebook and Call records
- Remote desktop, GPS receiver with A-GPS (Assisted GPS)
Disadvantages / Cons / Negative features of HTC Touch Pro2:
- With dimensions 116 x 59.2 x 17.3 mm and weight 178.5 g, it’s a huge phone.
- It would be much better if they had put standard 3.5mm audio jack.
- Camera performance is poor and it does not have the flash.
- There is a FM radio but it requires third party application to enable it.
- Difficult to see under sunlight.
- Battery life is not that impressive. But again the phone with so many features, it is acceptable.
Over all, this phone is really a monster, as per size and as per features. Mega screen and Full QWERTY keyboard makes it look like a note book with a phone. Disabled radio, poor camera without flash, and size and weight of this phone does make it run a bit slower in the race of a great phone. But amazing 3.6 inches screen, Full QWERTY keyboard, accelerometer sensor, 528 MHz processor, TV out, dedicated graphic chip will made owning one of these monsters a great experience.