Sony Ericsson tried WinMo and knocked others out by making Xperia X1. Announced in February 2008, this is a beautiful device made with metal. It is a bit heavy though (145g) but yet it fits in. Sony Ericsson stepped into the race of best WinMo device with it, yet they kept the “Sony Ericsson” style in it. Let’s see what else it has got.
Advantages / Pros / Positive features of Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1:
- Screen size is 800 x 480 pixels, 3.0 inches screen with Optical trackpad.
- GPRS (Class) 32 – 48 kbps, EDGE, 3G, HSDPA 7.2Mbps, WLAN (Wi-Fi) 802.11b/g, Bluetooth, miniUSB
- Unlimited Phonebook and Call records
- 256 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM and MicroDS slot.
- Qualcomm MSM7200 528 Mhz CPU and 256 MB DDR SDRAM
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional operating system
- 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels camera with autofocus and LED flash and Tourch focus
- Standby up to 820 hours and Talk time up to 10 hours.
- Has a Four-row full QWERTY slide-out keyboard, which is impressively easy to type on.
- GPS with A-GPS receiver
- Very impressive X-Panels interface
- Very strong and solid metal body
- Excellent quality music player and FM radio
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
Disadvantages / Cons / Negative features of Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1:
- Weighing 145g the phone is heavy.
- No built-in Accelerometer sensor.
- Difficult to see under sunlight.
- No TV out.
- Browser does not support Flash fully.
- Disappointing Camera performance.
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 is a marvelous made. First time WinMo and tones of great features. Great battery time, amazing music player, full QWERTY keyboard, X-Panels interface, Metal body, and big screen give user an amazing experience. Yes it’s bulky and camera if not that good, yet this phone is one great looking device.