After the HTC Touch Diamond, here comes the HTC Touch Pro and it bought a slide out Full QWERTY keyboard with it. It was introduced in June 2008. So let’s look into the main feature, advantages and disadvantages
Advantages / Pros / Positive features of HTC Touch Pro:
- Screen is 480 x 640 pixels, 2.8 inches which is TFT resistive touch screen, 65K colors
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, GPRS (Class 10, 32-48kbps), EDGE (Class 10, 236.8 kbps), 3G (HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps), Bluetooth, Mini USB.
- Full QWERTY keyboard, Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Touch-sensitive navigation controls, Handwriting recognition.
- 288 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Qualcomm MSM 7201A 528 MHz processor
- TV-out, Stereo FM radio with RDS and MP3 Player
- Graphic chip with 64MB RAM dedicated to graphics only
- Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)
- 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Unlimited Phonebook and Call records.
- Remote desktop
- GPS reciever with Assisted GPS (A-GPS) support
Disadvantages / Cons / Negative features of HTC Touch Pro:
- With Dimensions 102 x 51 x 18.1 mm and weight 165 g, this phone is pretty heavy and big.
- Finger prints will be everywhere one the phone.
- It would be much better if they had put standard 3.5mm audio jack instead of mini usb
- Battery life is not that impressive. But again the phone with so many features, it is acceptable
Over all HTC successful made a great phone. Stuffed with all the features a business phone should have. Big screen and Full QWERTY keyboard, accelerometer sensor, 528 MHz processor, TV out, dedicated graphic chip, remote desktop, GPS all these features makes it purely great phone. Though it’s heavy and big and there are finger prints everywhere and has not impressive battery life but with all those features, it really doesn’t matter.
Verizon HTC Touch pro SmartPhone PDA.